Skip To Main Content

School History

Webster Learning Center

Webster  School was built in 1869 and was named for Daniel Webster. The original building was built at the corner of 17th and Highly Streets. It was two stories with a French style roof. It was extensively remodeled in 1901. Many problems in construction were encountered in an effort to retain the French style of architecture.

By the end of the 1920’s, the district saw the need for an entirely new building. This building was built in front of the old structure and dedicated in September 1931. An addition was added in 1948. The original structure cost $172,000 and the addition cost $19,000.

In 2009, the elementary school was repurposed as an alternative learning center after a levy was passed for the purpose of opening two new elementary schools.